Rescue Salvadoran Indigenous Ancestral (RAIS), born about 3 decades ago, as part of the Commonwealth of Latin India Solar, an international organization based in Mexico. The organization was recognized both nationally and also internationally due to its works mainly educating people through, workshops, seminars on culture in El Salvador.
RAIS was a non-governmental organization, apolitical, non-profit, which based its work on the principles of the worldview and historical memory of indigenous peoples, in line with the agreements of the advice of biodiversity in its objectives, goals and actions.
These were the objectives of RAIS :
- To contribute to the rescue of the historical and ancestral memory of the Salvadoran people, promoting sustainable development based on identity and culture, improving the quality of life for them.
With international projection
- Open spaces where El Salvador to disclose their culture and ancestral knowledge to the world.
- Keep an updated and dynamic website, which contains the Salvadoran culture and ancestral indigenous culture.
- Position the Radio RAIS in the Salvadoran community around the world as regards the Salvadoran culture.
- Introduce the Salvadoran culture worldwide, creating opportunities for people to meet and have a reference of this knowledge on the Salvadoran identity and ancestral culture of our country.
With national projection
- To contribute to indigenous communities, has strengthened its organizational capacity, being able to define and conduct their own community development strategy based on ancestral values and principles.
- Through our intervention and the development of actions coordinated with national and international agencies it has enabled the community comprehensive training in the nuclei of indigenous populations.
- Recognize culture and ancestral knowledge of El Salvador through the communication strategy of the media conscious and consistent with the theme and needs depending on their participatory and sustainable development thereof.
- Support productive units of goods and services, and the exploitation of natural resources in the communities, productive, social and geographical character in the search for equity, quality of life and harmony with the environment.
- Promoting Educational Vision ancestral “form of life” to allow communities that the methodology “learning by doing” constitutes an efficient way to deal with the current reality, using technology and the cyber age.
- Transmit and disseminate knowledge of the ancient world view, to strengthen indigenous spirituality, becoming a concrete way to achieve balance between material life and personal aspirations in the collective harmonic coexistence environment
- The project, born about three decades ago, as part of the Commonwealth of Latin India Solar, an international organization based in Mexico. participates in several international meetings and developing a nationwide work, workshops, seminars on our culture; receives ambassadors of different native peoples who come to enrich and support the work.
- In 1981 he organized the first meeting IN Lakech (You are my other self), in El Salvador, representatives of all the peoples of America, obeying the fulfillment of prophecy, which ‘silence Peoples Indigenous ended and the Eagle and the Condor’ the Indigenous peoples of the South and North in the center of America reunited.
- With this marvelous sowing work grows and we become the KAL Council TUNAL (Casa del Sol) to coordinate all this harvest, then, by decision of the Council of Elders, nationally and internationally, they have always advised us, we became as RAIS in 1994, with legal personality, and thereafter, every day the sacred tree, full of sap is nourished with the worldview of the People In Lakech, Laken grows, (you are my other self, and I am yourself), greeting enclosing the respect for others, seeing and doing around us in our own face, because we understand that we are to serve life through our mother earth.
- RAIS, works with four indigenous peoples recognized in El Salvador: Nahua, Lenca, Chorti and Cacaoperas.
- also with those communities that are not recognized as indigenous peoples.
- We work internationally, advising studies and initiatives in Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala.
Its mission statement
Working for the rescue and revival of science and ancient wisdom, updating and implementation in this period, “for those who are not born seven generations to come,” responsibly and technique, through programs and projects consistent with this thought, so that the combined efforts make resurgence ancestral knowledge and science is to benefit the quality of life of the community in the region.
Its vision statement
Being an institution that works for life plans, communities and indigenous peoples, with an attitude to propose new agendas that allow spaces in society for the visibility of these communities and people.
Values of RAIS
Respect, transverse axis of culture, philosophy and ancient science. Respect for the whole environment and the life out of oneself and practicing what they say grandmothers: “Every action, every thought, every feeling, before you do, we must think how it affects 7 generations, for those who are not born”.
Solidarity, all live and share in community, based on the ancient philosophy: “See that and on the other to oneself.”
Love, from the idea that everything is the work of the Creator and Maker so everything is in our hearts. The ancient wisdom says: “I give my heart, through my actions.”
Responsibility, we are all responsible for what happens on planet earth and the universe, so says the original wisdom that “we come to this planet, as I am, to become of us are.”
Below are some content that I grabbed from the wayback machine about some of the projects and works undertaken by the organization. Initially the content was published in Spanish and I had to go through the hustle of republishing it in English.
The organization also had a radio frequency to champion its course as well as produced periodical magazine publications for the same purpose. I will be adding more content in future so don’t fail to bookmark this site.